Call for audio commentaries

Marc Walkow marcwalkow
Fri Mar 23 13:44:35 EDT 2007

Dear forum members,

First of all, let me apologize for an automated response you may have
received from me on the list earlier this week. I was out of town and
didn't realize that I was subscribed to the list with this particular
email address. Sorry about the junk responses.

I am working with a US company to produce DVD editions of several
important Japanese cult and genre titles from the 1960s and 70s.

We are currently seeking scholars and writers to contribute to the
supplements for these discs, in the form of either audio commentaries
or liner notes (or both). Of course, additional supplements will be
considered, as well.

The titles are below. (By the way, the English titles are the
standard export ones, and may be revised for release.)

??????????????
EDOGAWA RAMPO TAIZEN: KYOFU KIKEI NINGEN / Horrors of Malformed Men
(1969, directed by Ishii Teruo)

????
KAIDAN HEBI-ONNA / Ghost Story of the Snake Woman (1968, Nakagawa Nobuo)

The three films in Miyazono Junko's YOEN DOKUFU-DEN / Sexy Deadly
Legend series -

???????????
HANNYA NO OHYAKU / Female Demon Ohyaku (1968, Ishikawa Yoshihiro)
???????????
HITOKIRI OKATSU / Quick-Draw Okatsu (1969, Nakagawa Nobuo)
???????????
OKATSU KYOJO TABI / Okatsu's Epic Journey (1969, Nakagawa Nobuo)

The two films in Kaji Meiko's GINCHO series -

?????
GINCHO WATARIDORI / Wandering Ginza Butterfly (1972, Yamaguchi Kazuhiko)
GINCHO NAGAREMONO MESUNEKO BAKUCHI / Wandering Ginza She-Cat Gambler
(1972, Yamaguchi Kazuhiko)

If you, or any colleagues you know, would like to propose
commentaries or liner notes for these titles, you may contact me via
the forum or directly at marcwalkow at earthlink.net.

Thanks very much,

Marc Walkow