kamishibai

Gerard Kraus ggk05 at aber.ac.uk
Mon May 7 04:49:38 EDT 2007

Considering Richard's question about kamishibai being exclusive to Japan I
can nt add a definitive answer. There are, however, young children's
textbooks in continental Europe that use Panels to tell stories. These
panels are blown up to bigger sizes and used for classwork. I believe
those are included in the Teacher Pack of those books. It is up to the
teacher, or pupils, to point out what is happening in the pictures and
relate them to the bigger story.
It would be interesting to know whether there is any connection or whether
it is just a separate development.

--
G?rard Kraus (ggk05 at aber.ac.uk)
Department of Theatre, Film and Television Studies