obtaining boxed sets of Ozu

Lewis Cook lcoqc at earthlink.net
Thu May 17 17:45:09 EDT 2007

I thank Don, Michael, Gerard and Mathieu for responding to my query.

It does turn out that the vendor (CDJapan) from which I ordered the
3rd Shochiku Box of Ozu is out of stock and waiting for the product
from the distributor. But assumes it will be available in a week or so.

About region codes, I may have mentioned this before. Apparently it
is an open secret that any DVD player can play any DVD, regardless of
region, if the relevant code is input via the player's remote.
(Amazon is evidently not aware of this, given the warnings they add
to DVDs regarding region incompatibilities...) Urban myth? I received
this information from a professor at M.I.T. and others have confirmed
it.

L Cook