Eiichi Kudo title

Alexander Jacoby a_p_jacoby
Sat Nov 10 02:53:53 EST 2007

Can anyone help me with translating the following film title by Eichi Kudo:

????? ?

It seems to be read Hakkou ryuukitai, and Hakkou usually refers to the national boundaries of Japan. But I'm perplexed by what the phrase means as a whole. Does it refer to a particular historical event - a corps of soldiers at a particular time, for instance?

ALEX

----- Original Message ----
From: El-Khash Najib <najibjp at yahoo.co.jp>
To: KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Sent: Friday, 9 November, 2007 4:41:19 PM
Subject: Re: Haratoonian Adachi interview query

Hi Jasper,

I'm also waiting for Yomota sensei's book on Wakamatsu [
???? ??????].
According to www.amazon.co.jp it will be out on 30
November.

Looking at the contents, there seems to be no interview of
Adachi in the book.

Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/toc/4861821711/sr=1-76/qid=1194586942/ref=dp_toc/250-2887518-8346631?ie=UTF8&n=465392&qid=1194586942&sr=1-76

Cheers,
Najib

> > Date:Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:14:39 +0000
> From:Jasper Sharp <jasper_sharp at hotmail.com>
> To:<kinejapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject:Haratoonian Adachi interview query
>

> I was wondering if anyone on the list could help me
> with something.
>
> The screener tape I received from the distributor of
> Adachi's Yuuheisha/Prisoner (Terrorist) earlier this
> year came with reems of photocopied exegesis about
> Adachi's past and his intention with the film. The
> most useful of this was an interview with Dachi
> conducted by Harry Haratoonian and Go Hirasawa. I
> heard rumours recently that this has been
> republished somewhere, perhaps in a recent book
> edited by Inuhiko Yomota about Adachi and Wakamatsu.
> Can anyone please give me any details on this book -
> the kanji title, etc.
>
> Another question that has been plaguing me recently
> is regarding the name Tooru, as in Tooru Murakawa,
> Tooru Takemitsu etc. I was wondering when one
> transliterates this into english, whether to
> macronise this or, as I am thinking, to retain the
> double 'o' - this is in keeping with the verb 'to
> pass' or in constructions like "watashi no iu toori
> ni shite kudasai" ("do as I tell you please"). I ask
> this because my dictionaries always give it in the
> furigana 'tooru' and not 'touru' as per usual with
> long 'o's. So in this sense, writing Tohru Takemitsu
> is wrong, as it should be pronounced "To-oru". Am I
> making any sense?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Jasper
>
> Midnight Eye