ATG poster gallery

wgardne1 at swarthmore.edu wgardne1 at swarthmore.edu
Sat Dec 13 09:56:49 EST 2008

Martin,

Since I happen to have some materials on this particular artist on hand, I
can confirm that the posters for Otoshiana, Shinju ten no amijima, and
Himiko are by AWAZU Kiyoshi. Also, I am 99% sure that the poster for
Shinjuku dorobo nikki is by YOKOO Takanori (who also acts in the film). It
would be interesting to have other info on graphic designers involved with
ATG (no doubt a who's who of Japanese graphic design).

Incidentally, Awazu Kiyoshi has a well-produced website (in Japanese and
English) where you can view many of his poster designs and other works.
It's a fascinating cross-section of arts and culture of the 60's, 70's and
beyond (independent and studio films, underground theater, publications,
galleries, department stores, etc.).

http://www.kiyoshiawazu.com/

Will