Announcement

Sybil Thornton camford1989
Tue Feb 5 01:35:04 EST 2008

We would like to announce that, as the result a
2007-2008 Japan Foundation Library Support grant,
Hayden Library at Arizona State University has been
able to add to its growing collection of materials
specializing in traditional Japanese narrative:

	*commentaries on the Ise monogatari, Genji
            monogatari, and Muromachi tales
	*materials on Shimizu no Jirocho, one-time
            boss and later city father
	*materials on raconteurs Shorin Hakuen and
            Hirosawa Torazo
	*twenty silent Japanese films from the
            Matsuda Production Company.

These materials have been added to materials which we
purchased with a previous Japan Foundation Library
Support grant and other purchases for this collection
that the library has been making under the direction
of the Library Committee of the Center for Asian
Research.  We would like to thank the CAR for their
logistical support and the Japan Foundation for their
generous grants and acknowledgment of the importance
of this small and unique collection.

These materials are available through interlibrary
loan.

Sincerely,

Sybil Thornton
Chair, CAR Library Committee