Kon Ichikawa 1915-2008

Rob Schwartz gangamati
Wed Feb 13 12:49:16 EST 2008

A few years ago I had the good fortune of seeing Shokei no heya (The
Punishment Room) on the big screen and I was very impressed with power and
intensity of the story and the crispness of the direction. The film doesn't
have the reputation of Ichikawa's more famous works but, as Aaron points
out, it's a major entry in his oeuvre. Ichikawa will be missed.

Rob Schwartz
Metropolis magazine