Kawakita Centenary Symposium *ths Saturday*

Rhidian Davis Rhidian.Davis
Wed Jul 9 08:49:35 EDT 2008

Hope you won't mind the plug to list members in or near London, but we are also wecloming two guests from Japan - Tadao Sato and Kazuhiro Soda - to join us this Saturday for a symposium to accompany the Japanese Gems tribute season to Kashiko Kawakita. Sadly Ryosuke Hashiguchi has had to withdraw due to poor health, and we regret that David Robinson has also had to withdraw. They will be joined in conversation by Alexander Jacoby and Jasper Sharp.. You can find more information and book tickets here:

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southbank/events/the_kawakita_centenary_symposium

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southbank/film_programme/july_seasons/japanese_gems

Rhidian Davis  |  Curator - Public Programmes
BFI Southbank  |  Belvedere Road  |  South Bank  |  London SE1 8XT
tel: +44 (0)20 7849 4474 - direct line (ext. 4474)  |  fax: +44 (0)20 7815 1436  | www.bfi.org.uk

At BFI Southbank in July we conclude our two-month David Lean centenary celebrations; we revisit some of the greatest Japanese films ever made in Japanese Gems, including Kurosawa's rarely seen Ikiru; we marvel at the world of Comic-Book Movies; and we celebrate the genius of directors Guy Maddin and Charles Burnett with extended runs of My Winnipeg and Killer of Sheep. In the Gallery susan pui san lok's Faster, Higher continues and in the Mediatheque we explore the building of London's South Bank. At the BFI IMAX, Kung Fu Panda and The Dark Knight both open in spectacular IMAX format.

www.bfi.org.uk/whatson

The British Film Institute ("bfi") is a registered charity registration number 287780). This email and any attachment is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential material. If you are not the addressee or have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete it from your computer. If this email has been transmitted outside the ordinary course of its business, the bfi accepts no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from any use of or reliance on information contained in this email, and any opinion expressed in this email is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of the bfi.