GENRES

Lorenzo Javier Torres Hortelano ljth2006 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 07:34:10 EST 2008

Dear Kinejapaners,

I'm at the beginnig of writing a book about film genres. It will be about
definitions, history, theories, etc., with some microanalysis of
paradigmatic movies. I'd like to include a chapter about "other"
cinematographies that has got its own way in the genre development -I mean,
not copied it from Hollywood. So, what book, articles, etc., would you
recommend me about Japanese genres that develop the idea of Japanese genres
not developing the same way than Hollywood's.

Another question would be: what Japanese genre do you think is more
characteristic of this culture and why?

Best,

Lorenzo J. Torres Hortelano
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos