Mizoguchi at Lyon and 'Sight and Sound'

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 14 09:08:13 EDT 2008

I could have added, if I had been more prompt in picking up April's Sight and Sound, that listmember Alexander Jacoby has a nice piece on later Mizoguchi and his audiences and cultural contexts, which discuses several of these films.
In the same issue is a generous review  of Markus Nornes' Forest of Pressure by Mark Cousins.  Frustratingly though, they have bundled in a mention of Cinema Babel which has a more direct message for institutions like the BFI.   I think it behoves* them to consider this at greater length and depth.
Roger
* [US= behooves!]