Olympia Japan edition?

Asako_Yoshida at Umanitoba.ca Asako_Yoshida at Umanitoba.ca
Wed May 28 09:06:31 EDT 2008

   I'm not sure where you can get the film, but the book I mentioned
might have some references that might be of help...

   Asako

   At Wed, 28 May 2008 08:09:28 +0900, Hopkins/Kato wrote:

> I have been asked to try and find a copy of the Japan edit of Riefenstahl's
> Olympia. Any ideas?
> David Hopkins
> Nara, Japan

Asako Yoshida
Reference Services
Elizabeth Dafoe Library
University of Manitoba
Asako_Yoshida at Umanitoba.ca
(204) 474-6591

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."
-- William Butler Yeats

"Banking education treats students as objects of assistance; problem-posing
education makes them critical thinkers."
--Paulo Freire

"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run
and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying."
"Necessity is not an established fact, but an interpretation."
-- Frederich Nietzsche

"What strikes me is the fact that in our society, art has become something
which is only related to objects, and not to individuals, or to life."
-- Michel Foucault

"The idea that we can manage our world is uniquely twentieth-century and
chiefly American."
-- David Weinberger

"Creators here and everywhere are always and at all times building upon the
creativity that went before and that surrounds them now."
-- Lawrence Lessig

"...in a network, the knowledge is emergent. The knowledge is not in any given
individual, but it's a property of the network as a whole.
Consequently, it's a
knowledge that cannot, does not, exist in any individual, but only in the
network as a whole. It's emergent."
-- Stephen Downes

"When they develop a design, 'We capture a concrete individual perspective
rather than focusing on an average target image drawn from marketing data'....
The design hint resides in specific individuals' perspectives."
-- "Design matters,because it's all about me," December 18, 2007,
Nikkei Design.

About learning and "information overload": "It's a river, not a
reservoir......
filter, sift, select, and organize...."