Yasukuni, on DVD

Christian Morimoto Hermansen christian_hermansen at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 03:41:33 EDT 2008

			    KINEJAPAN Digest 2481 Topics covered in this issue include:   1) Yasukuni, on DVD	by Kerry Smith <Kerry_Smith at brown.edu>  --Forwarded Message Attachment--Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:04:16 -0400From: Kerry_Smith at brown.eduTo: KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.eduSubject: Yasukuni, on DVDThe DVD release of Li Ying's Yasukuni  is shipping,  according to amazon.co.jp. (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B001BVZ50C)

The description on amazon, and on the other sites I've checked, says nothing about the availability of subtitles in this version of the release.  I'm looking forward to discussing in the film with students,  and English-language subs will help considerably with that.  Has anyone picked up a copy of the DVD, or know whether this release includes English subs?

Thanks,

Kerry Smith
Brown University
Hello Kerry,

I came across the DVD in my local store in Kyoto today. I rented to be sure, but it does not include any subtitles English.
Best,

Christian Hermansen
Kwansei Gakuin University
Explore the seven wonders of the world