Ichikawa Jun (1948-2008)

Alexander Jacoby a_p_jacoby at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 11:23:26 EDT 2008

Dear all,

One further query, as I now am definitely writing Ichikawa's obituary for The Times, and want to file asap. Sadly, I'm away from home and deprived of Japanese language facility on this computer, so having difficulty finding out one more essential piece of information.

Basically, I know that in addition to his feature work, Ichikawa was a distinguished director of commercials. But can anyone tell me 1) when he started making commercials, and 2) whether he continued to work in that medium until his death?

In addition, if anyone can help me out with that information about surviving family I asked for yesterday, I'll be really grateful.

ALEX