H-JAPAN (E): representations of blacknesS, Japanese & Korean Cinema

Thomas LaMarre, Prof. thomas.lamarre at mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 26 21:32:41 EDT 2009

Suzuki Seijun's Nikutai no mon (1964) would be very interesting for this project.

On 8/26/09 9:27 PM, "Michael Kerpan" <mekerpan at verizon.net> wrote:

Two films I can think of offhand....

Imai's Kiku and Isamu -- focus is on two children of a Japanese mother (now deceased) and a black GI (long ago returned to the US) being brought up by their grandmother.

Shinozaki's Not Forgotten -- has a side story about a young half-black boy who is befriended by none of the central characters.