About Kawase Naomi

=%ISO-8859-1?Q?Jose_Monta=F1o?= mostro.films at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 02:14:08 EST 2009

I’m Jose Montaño, from Barcelona, Spain.
I’m currently doing a research on Kawase’s film Shara.

Based on Spanish and French literature on Kawase’s career and films,
it is said she is well considered by western criticism, but the main
Japanese one does not share this opinion. As I have read, for Japanese
critics Kawase’s work is considered conservative and nationalistic.
Furthermore, it seems to be also criticized by feminists.

To explore the reasons for that different consideration is one of the
aims of my research, so I would like to have direct references and
quotes on this matter. I can manage to read Japanese, but watching out
by myself in the internet stills too hard for me. I hope you could be
so kind to suggest me some helpful references.

Sorry for my poor English and thank you everyone

Jose