Representations of Suicide in Japanese Cinema

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 16:09:15 EST 2009

Mattieu concluded, on Friday, February 27, 2009 5:20 PM :-
If you can read french, you should take a look to two publications : Maurice Pinguet, La Mort volontaire au Japon, and Alain Walter, L'Erotique du Japon classique. They're not free from what one may call some kind of "japonism", but they will provide some interesting hints.

I notice that there are translations of Maurice Pinguet's La Mort volontaire au Japon into English, German and Japanese.  That's almost as universal as Madame Butterfly.  You've got me interested, Mattieu, into what Pinguet meant by 'au'.
Roger