Aoyama Shinji's (anti)emperor collage-film

Anne McKnight mcknight at usc.edu
Fri Feb 27 01:34:16 EST 2009

Hello,

am wondering if anyone has seen a film of Aoyama Shinji's--"Sude ni
oita kanojo no subete ni tsuite wa kataranu tame ni." He made it in
2002, right before "Yuriika."

It sounds like it is a collage-essay film, ~54 min, and features a lot
of excerpts from Watanabe Naomi's study of the "fukei shôsetsu," or
fiction of imperial dis-respect. From what I have read, the excerpts
are mostly about or from the works of Nakano Shigeharu and Natsume
Sôseki.

It looks like it's played a lot of mini-theatres and cine-clubs in the
big 3 cities, so I'm curious if anyone saw it, and how it might have
compared to either "Roji e" or to Watanabe's general take.

Thanks.

Anne