"Shinjuku Ecstacy - Independent films from the Art Theatre Guild of Japan", NY 18.2.-1.3.

Roland Domenig roland.domenig at univie.ac.at
Fri Feb 13 20:23:55 EST 2009

Dear list members,

please allow me to call your attention to a film program I curated for the Japan Society in New York.

"Shinjuku Ecstacy - Independent films from the Art Theatre Guild of Japan"

Wed., Feb. 18
7:30 pm   Terayama Shuji - Throw Away Your Books, Let's Go into the Street

Fri., Feb. 20
7:30 pm   Matsumoto Toshio - Funeral Parade of Roses
Followed by SHINJUKU PARTY

Sat., Feb. 21
3.00 pm   Oshima Nagisa - Death by Hanging
5:30 pm   Kuroki Kazuo - Silence Has No Wings

Sun., Feb. 22
3:00 pm   Yoshida Kiju - Eros plus Massacre

Tues., Feb.24
7:30 pm   Hani Susumu - The Inferno of First Love

Wed., Feb. 25
7:30 pm   Shinoda Masahiro - Double Suicide

Fri., Feb. 27
7:30 pm   Jissoji Akio - This Transient Life

Sat., Feb. 28
3:00 pm   Imamura Shohei - A Man Vanishes
5:45 pm   Okabe Michio - Crazy Love

Sun., Mar. 1
3:00 pm   Teshigahara Hiroshi - Pitfall
5:15 pm   Wakamatsu Koji - Ecstasy of the Angels

For more information please visit the Japan Society homepage:
http://www.japansociety.org/shinjuku_ecstasy

Some of the films have hardly been screened in the US, so don't miss the opportunity!

Roland Domenig
Institute of East Asian Studies
University of Vienna