AW: tamura...

Mark Nornes amnornes at umich.edu
Thu Jan 22 13:08:52 EST 2009

On Jan 22, 2009, at 11:11 AM, Aaron Gerow wrote:

> One way to get closer to what the individual himself thinks is to
> look at the members list of the Shinario Sakka Kyokai, which gives
> it as Tsutomu. Since this was probably based on the reading provided
> by the member himself, that is probably the best bet.

Another important route to this kind of personal reading of the name
is the 1995-1997 KineJun Nihon eiga jinmei jiten.    Many of the
entries were based on a surveys each individual filled out.

Goes to show you pretty much need to look around at more than one
source to be sure. One of the special challenges (pains in our
collective XXX) of Japanese film studies.

Markus