experimental films in LA tonight--Jan 16

Anne McKnight mcknight at usc.edu
Fri Jan 16 20:36:40 EST 2009

Sorry for the short notice, but I just heard about this screening/
performance...event...taking place tonight in Silver Lake.
I didn't know Yokoo Tadanori made films...
Jean Paul Yamamoto has an interesting aesthetic. Kind of Warhol meets
Marie Antoinette meets Shibuya-kei.
Lunna Menoh artist bio here: http://www.lunnamenoh.com/about_lunna.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One night only!!
"Japanese Avant Garde Bar Keiko" on Fri, January 16th @10pm

Keiko Yunioshi (the daughter of the Mickey Rooney character in
"Breakfast at Tiffney's.) AKA Lun*na Menoh of JEAN PAUL YAMAMOTO will
host "one night only" Japanese Avant
Garde Bar at Hyperion Tavern.  She with perform with guitarist Kenji
Koyama.

Come hang out with us for Japanese 60's & 70's avant garde films and
music + Japanese Enka-Folk music etc..

We'll show some experimental films by Toshio Matsumoto, Shuji
Terayama, Tadanori Yokoo and more, which is not available in the US +
your favorite Stray Cat Rock series, Female Prisoner Scorpion series,
and Erotic Shogun series etc!! Ring a bell??

DJ: Mikie and Keiko Yunioshi

KARAOKE: Keiko mama might sing some Japanese Enka songs for you if she
feels like it.. We will see..

Kaji Meiko is Keiko Yuriyoshi's best friend...(foreverrrrr!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNaCIb4dsuA

FREE!!!! Yay!!

10pm to 2am
@Hyperion Tavern