Re: Rép. : Re: self-introduction and request

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Wed May 20 11:25:21 EDT 2009

> .I did however already checked out the Tokyo Modern Museum of Art
> Film Center.  I understood that they do not have documentaries,
> shorts, animation films nor foreign films, and that their feature
> films are only in Japanese.

THe NFC definitely does have documentaries, shorts, foreign films and
animation films. Of their 50000 titles, 3000 are foreign. They have
17000 documentaries or bunka eiga, 1800 animated films, and 11000
newsreels. We are showing a short and some animated films from their
collection on Friday.

Just wanted to make sure this mistaken information does not get
spread around.

Aaron Gerow
Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University
53 Wall Street, Room 316
PO Box 208363
New Haven, CT 06520-8363