Kinema Club X: at SCMS in Tokyo SURVEY LINK

Mark Roberts mroberts37 at mail-central.com
Thu May 14 22:58:14 EDT 2009

On May 15, 2009, at 11:16 AM, Nygren,Scott wrote:

> Will there be any contact point in Tokyo for updated information?
> Maureen Turim and I are leaving for Japan tomorrow, and our ryokan
> will not have internet access. We hope to find a way to connect...

In addition to the manga cafes that Aaron just mentioned, for those
seeking Internet access the "Wired Cafe" chain might also be useful.
It's like a regular cafe but with a bank of computers at a bar. When
being seating, ask to use the Internet. Most patrons seem to come for
the food so there are almost always a few computers available. You
have to buy some food or a drink (at the usual Tokyo prices, of
course), but the Net is free and the locations are quite convenient in
West Tokyo.

There are two Wired Cafes in Shinjuku -- one that's right in the
station (6F of Lumine 2, opposite the Muji shop) -- two in Shibuya,
one in Mitsukoshimae, and a new one in Meidaimae.

Details are here:

http://www.wiredcafe.jp/index.html

Cheers,