Kinema Club X: at SCMS in Tokyo

Oliver Dew olidew at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 13 09:47:20 EDT 2009

Mark Nornes wrote:

> Oliver, what kind of output does the Survey Monkey output? Seems
> like a good idea.

About Survey Monkey (sorry, this is _the_ most boring thing ever
posted on KineJapan)

It has really comprehensive data analysis tools it seems. You can
browse individual surveys, and if the questions are multiple choice
you can see stats and graphs and so on (I did warn you). If people
enter their SCMS panel code for instance, then it would be a quick way
of seeing which panels are "viable", and which papers need to be
placed in new groupings.

Maybe we should anticipate that lots of the old SCMS panels will have
to be reconstituted (ie, only if 1 or 2 people from a panel can make
it), and have a "keywords" question, where people can tick as many
keywords as apply. Then SurveyMonkey will cross-tabulate the answers
and tell us that we really need a panel on Trauma and the Gaze in
Studio Ghibli, or whatever. Obviously this would be overkill if only,
say, 30 people are coming.

Rea Amit wrote:

> Anyone have any idea how we could do that?

I think surveymonkey would be best. Otherwise, we could have hundreds
of people sending "count me in!" emails to KineJapan and someone would
have to count them all