English subtitled KIKU TO ISAMU

Robyn Citizen rc1434 at nyu.edu
Tue Nov 3 16:15:46 EST 2009

Hi KineJapan listservers,I have three inquiries since everyone was so helpful about my last one - representations of blackness in japanese cinema. 1. Does anyone happen to have a copy of an English subtitled KIKU TO ISAMU. Or perhaps a transcript of the film? I have a DVD of the film on termporary Interlibrary loan but alas, no subtitles. With my beginners Japanese I'm catching every 5th word and none of the grammar :/2. Has anyone been able to find a VHS or DVD copy of Kurahara's BLACK SUN? 3. Does anyone personally know Professor Mika Ko at the University of Sheffield in England? I desperately need to get in contact with her and I e-mailed her seven days ago and she is yet to repsond.In other news, I finally saw STRAY CAT ROCK: SEX HUNTER at one of the KineJapan-ers suggestion and enjoyed the heck out of it! I wonder why more people don't talk about the racial politics of this film...Best,Robyn

Robyn Citizen
PhD Candidate
Cinema Studies
New York University
alternate e-mail: ladykaede1221 at gmail.com

"I'm giving her all she's got Captain!" - Scotty, Star Trek 2009