Fake Trailer

Bruce Baird baird at asianlan.umass.edu
Fri Sep 18 00:44:02 EDT 2009

Colleagues,

This is question which may be specific to Japan cinema, or may be a
more general question, but has anyone, either in Japan or elsewhere,
ever made a fake trailer advertising an upcoming movie they never
intended to make, just as a sort of meta-joke and way to draw
attention to themselves? I am aware of unorthodox trailers such as
that for Welles' F for Fake, but that is not quite what I have in
mind.  What I have in mind is a trailer that purports to be about an
entirely new and upcoming movie, and is presumably sent along with a
current movie, but which depicts a movie that no one ever intends to
make.

Best,

Bruce

ベアード•ブルース
慶應義塾大学訪問准教授
舞踏、アングラ演劇
慶應国際レジデンス
東京都港区三田2ー19ー30ー305号
03−5476−9466

Bruce Baird
Assistant Professor
Asian Languages and Literatures
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Butô, Japanese Theater, Intellectual History

717 Herter Hall
161 Presidents Drive
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003-9312