Inoue Umetsugu

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 01:55:23 EST 2010

This is sad. Inoue seems to have been a sadly neglected filmmaker by most foreign commentators, but I think is career in Hong Kong is interesting enough in itself - Hong Kong Nocturne and the rest of the series of musicals he made for Shaw are wonderfully exuberent little films, while his version of Black Lizard, made before the Fukasaku one and starring Machiko Kyo, proves that his Japanese work wasnt so far removed from his Hong Kong work.

Jasper

Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
www.midnighteye.com

More details about me on http://jaspersharp.com/