Help

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 13 08:30:33 EST 2010

Faith,
The reading of 姉妹 caught my attention as I've seen Ozu's 宗方姉妹'The Munekata Sisters' this week at the NFT.  There it was billed as 'Munekata shimai', following Bordwell and Richie.  But IMDb and, more significantly, Alex Jacoby goes for 'kyōdai ' (after consulting this list ?).  It's not hard to see the divergence when even my Spahn and Hadamitzky goes unambiguously for shimai (my Kenkushya has also 'kyōdai).  I take it that it's purely a question of usage?
So, in retrospect, is it the trailer that can settle the point ?

Sorry, if this has come up before.
Roger