Japanese language programs

Robyn Citizen rc1434 at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 4 21:37:32 EST 2010

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on the list could recommend a good program or school in Japan for intensive short-term (summer) Japanese lessons.

I've been learning Japanese informally and through weekly Japan Society classes for a couple of years now and have decided that at 30 and with a natural ineptitude when it comes to grammar, I probably need to invest in the immersion experience if only for a brief period.

Ideally, this will put me on the right track to being able to watch Japanese movies without subtitles - which is necessary since I can only find certain films like KIKU TO ISAMU, without them - and read the original text of film reviews and analyses by Japanese critics.

Thanks much,

Robyn Citizen
PhD Candidate
Cinema Studies
New York University
alternate e-mail: ladykaede1221 at gmail.com

"I'm giving her all she's got Captain!" - Scotty, Star Trek 2009