Wakamatsu in London

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 12:15:35 EDT 2010

Markus asked a while back if anyone had seen 'Caterpillar'.

I asked the only person I know who's seen it, Tony Rayns, whether we were likely to see it in London, and the reply was 'Definitely not through me'.  In the April 'Sight and Sound'* he describes it as 'unspeakable'.

But, in the meantime, an earlier Wakamatsu/Adachi film has turned up in the schedule of the Palestine Film Festival in London on 4th May.
https://www.barbican.org.uk/film/event-detail.asp?ID=10630

(*In Rayns' Berlin round-up he liked the Shimazu films - is there any likelihood of these coming westwards, at all ?)
Roger