Ozu, trains and movement

Wujung Ju juwujung at gmail.com
Fri May 14 08:15:18 EDT 2010

I found Bordwell had close analysed the train scene in Flavour of Green Tea
over Rice in his book on Ozu. Also Ozu's postwar cameraman Atsuta wrote
about some anecdotes when filming  train scenes in his book 'Ozu Yasujiro
monogatari', which is only available in Japanese. Hope this helps a bit.

Wujung Ju
juwujung at gmail.com