PiaFilmFestival

matteo boscarol matteo.boscarol at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 20:58:59 EST 2010

Dear Joseph,

thank you for your reply, I couldn`t agree more with your points.
Let me just add that, in my opinion, the PFF works at two different levels:

- as a platform to launch new filmmakers (Tsukamoto, Nakashima, Sono and so
on...) or, at least, to give them the necessary confidence in pursuing their
paths (as in the case of Matsui Yoshihiko for instance...)

- as a chance to experience a different approach to filmmaking*/***visual
art, the pleasure to enjoy a multitude of visions, often childish, rambling
and inconsequent but somehow more alive than the "regular" movies, even the
so-called "indipendent" ones.

Best

Matteo Boscarol
- Il Manifesto -