Imports: a correction and a question

Mark Nornes amnornes at umich.edu
Wed Apr 13 15:50:33 EDT 2011

Roger,

You are in luck (depending on the time period)!  Pull out the research guide and check out these titles:

Pia cinema club, gaikoku eiga hen

Hakurai kinema sakuhin jiten: Nihon de senzen ni jôei sareta gaikoku eiga ichiran = Complete dictionary of imported movies up to 1945 August, edited by Sekai Eigashi Kenkyûkai————Tokyo: Kagaku Shoin, 1997.

Hakurai kinema sakuhin jiten. Sengo hen. 1: Nihon de sengo (1945-1988) ni jôei sareta gaikoku eiga ichiran (1)———Tokyo: Kagaku Shoin, 2004

Wikipedia and IMDB are increasingly good for this data as well.

Markus