Lecturer in Japanese Studies: new post at Newcastle University - School of Modern Languages (UK)

Laura Moretti laura.moretti at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Apr 11 03:37:17 EDT 2011

Dear members of KineJapan,

My name is Laura Moretti and I am a Lecturer in Japanese Studies at Newcastle University - School of Modern Languagese (UK).

My field is Japanese early-modern literature, which is quite detached from Japanese Film and Image Studies. Nonetheless today I took the liberty to write to you all as we are advertising a new post for a Lecturer in Japanese Studies at Newcastle University - School of Modern Languages. This job can be of particular interest for those scholars who work in the field of Japanese Film Studies.

Please find details about the post below (see below ****) and in the attached documents.

My best wishes,

Laura Moretti

****
Lecturer in Japanese Studies
Newcastle University - Faculty of Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences, School of Modern Languages
Ref: B401A (SML)

Job Type: Academic (non-clinical)
Hours of Work: Full time
Salary:  £31,798  - £35,788 per annum
Closing Date: 10 May 2011

The School of Modern Languages wishes to appoint a Lecturer in Japanese Studies. The post is supported by the Japan Foundation. The successful candidate will have outstanding research potential, a clear research agenda, native or near-native competence in Japanese and English, and relevant teaching experience. The post is tenable from September 2011.

For further details about the post please see the attached file (PDF and Word) or the following web page:

http://www15.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_newcastle02.asp?s=YhJgMRoBzQChEeQzw&jobid=40031,7754366534&key=20834908&c=482378233359&pagestamp=seuliswegsvvcbyqgc

In order to apply for the job, please access the following web page:

http://www15.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_newcastle02.asp?s=YhJgMRoBzQChEeQzw&jobid=40031,7754366534&key=20834908&c=482378233359&pagestamp=seuliswegsvvcbyqgc

Informal enquiries may be made to the Head of School, Dr. Elizabeth Andersen (tel: [00 44] + 191 222 7521; e-mail e.a.andersen at ncl.ac.uk<mailto:m.f.cross at ncl.ac.uk>), to the Head of the East Asian Studies section, Dr. Joanne Smith Finley (tel: [00 44] + 191 222 7485; e-mail: j.smithfinley at ncl.ac.uk<mailto:j.smithfinley at ncl.ac.uk>), or to the Degree Programme Director for UG Japanese and Cultural Studies, Dr. Laura Moretti (tel: [00 44] + 191 222 7524; laura.moretti at ncl.ac.uk<mailto:laura.moretti at ncl.ac.uk>).

-------
Dr. Laura Moretti
Lecturer in Japanese Studies
Degree Programme Director for UG Japanese and Cultural Studies
School of Modern Languages
Newcastle University
Old Library Building - Office 5.2
Newcastle Upon Tyne