RIP Evil Dead Trap Director Toshiharu Ik

Pete Larson pslarson2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:02:38 EST 2011

Very sad news indeed.

One of my fondest memories of the Tennoji Tsutaya, was trying to find
"Evil Dead Trap" on the shelves. In my atrocious (at the time) Japanese,
I attempted to translate "Evil Dead Trap" with the  aid of a dictionary
to the store worker. He started breaking a sweat trying to figure out
what the hell I was talking about but eventually we were able to put it
together and found the video.

"Evil Dead Trap" was really derivative of Argento, but I still thought
it was a great film for the time, mostly due the sincerity of it's
implementation.

Too many suicides amongst talented individuals. He will be missed.

Pete