KineJapan self introduction

Jamie Morris jimbojones99 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 21:15:36 EST 2011

Jamie Morris, research student at Tokyo University of the Arts, currently based in Nakano-ku
Tokyo.

Dear Kine-Japaners,

I have been enjoying the conversations on this list for almost a year, so apologies for the late introduction! I am here in Tokyo on a two year research exchange. I'm currently looking at some contemporary representations of young people and their experiences of and attitudes towards job hunting and part time work.

I'm based in the Music Studies Department at Tokyo Geidai, and part of my research will also focus in on the roles played by music and musicianship within these broader discourses surrounding freeter. At the moment I am interested in looking across a range of media - particularly fiction film and documentary, as well as some recent TV drama.

I have already enjoyed some fantastic events and talks which I found out about through this list, and I've been lucky enough to meet a few of you in person. So thank you all for the help, past and future!

With best wishes,
Jamie