SOME SOURCE INFO re: Hayakawa, Itami Mansaku, & Atarashiki Tsuchi Variant

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 10:56:50 EST 2011

Thank you, Ayoko for this.
May I clarify?  Is that the Itami version is at the NFC and is only available to view there, or can it be obtained on DVD?
Am I right that, if you put 新しき土 into Amazon.jp, all those shown are, in fact, Fanck's film?

In addition to Jasper's sources, Kiyoko Hirano wrote 'Japanese Filmmakers and Responsibility for War' in the book 'War, Occupation and Creativity' edited by Marlene J. Mayo and J. Thomas Rimer.  There's quite a lot about Itami, but nothing that hasn't already been said here about Atarashiki tsuchi because, as late as 2001, she says it is "no longer available".

Roger