Mainichi Film Awards 2010

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Tue Jan 18 11:34:34 EST 2011

The results of the 2010 Mainichi Film Awards (Mainichi Concours), one
of the last of the big yearly film awards, were announced:

Best Japanese Film: Villain (Lee Sang-il)
Best Director: Miike Takashi (13 Assassins)
Best Screenplay: Sato Yuk (Heaven's Story)
Best Actor: Tsutsumi Shin'ichi  (A Lone Scalpel)
Best Actress: Terajima Shinobu (Caterpillar)
Best Supporting Actor: Inagaki Goro (13 Assassins)
Best Supporting Actress: Natsukawa Yui (A Lone Scalpel)
Best New Face Award: Endo Kaname (Yellow Kid), Tokunaga Eira (Haru's
Journey)
Tanaka Kinuyo Award: Enami Kyoko

Award of Excellence in Japanese Film: Haru's Journey (Kobayashi
Masahiro)
Best Cinematography: Kondo Ryuto  (Sketches of Kaitan City)
Best Art Direction: Kondo Nariyuki (Abacus and Sword)
Best Music: Jim O'Rourke (Sketches of Kaitan City)
Best Sound: Nakamura Jun (13 Assassins)
Best Technical Award: none

Best Documentary: none
Animation Award: Colorful (Hara Keiichi)
Ofuji Noburo Award: none
Fan Award: Umizaru 3: The Last Message

Best Foreign Film: Breathless

Special Awards: Takamine Hideko

Forgive me if I got any of the name readings wrong. The original
Japanese article is available at:

http://www.japan-movie.net/news/winners65.html

The Mainichi tends to be fairly conservative, but they are one of the
few major awards that also focuses on the technical staff and other
genres like documentary and animation.

Jim O'Rourke used to be a member of KineJapan, so if he's still a
member, congratulations!

Aaron Gerow
KineJapan owner

Associate Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University

For list commands, send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html