Pordenone 2011

dburall1 at rochester.rr.com dburall1 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jul 24 09:38:12 EDT 2011

Hi Roger,

I don't know much, but can offer that it is a restoration of a 15 min. long amateur animation by Film Preservation Society and Imagica, according to Ishihara Kae of Film Preservation Society (link below). It will premier on 8/29 at the 6th Film Restoration and Preservation Workshop at the Museum of Kyoto and Imagica West. Kae is incredibly efficient at getting details on the preservation world in Japan up on her site, so she will probably post more about it--or, you can contact FPS directly from their website, I believe it is info at filmpres.org.

In case FPS hasn't been introduced here before, please check out the website and consider becoming a member to help support their preservation efforts. Their work has been showcased at Pordenone before, and you can read more about it under the notes for last year's festival, at the festival website (also details on the FPS site itself).

A bonus on the FPS website is a complete Japanese language translation of the Film Preservation Guide, by the National Film Preservation Foundation (the original version is available for download on the NFPS website).

FPS:
 http://www.filmpres.org/ (Japanese)
 http://www.homemovieday.jp/english/latest-news/ (more details on the Film Restoration and Preservation Workshop)

Joanne Bernardi