Book on Sono Sion

Franco Picollo franco.picollo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 05:58:50 EDT 2011

Dear Kinejapaners,

My name is Franco Picollo. Like some of you know, I have a blog on
Japanese contemporary movies called "Sonatine"
(http://sonatine2010.blogspot.com).

Now, the 29^th Torino Film Festival (November 25^th -- December 3^rd )
will host in its monographic section called "Confidential Report" the
works of Sono Sion.

After having informed the Festival organization, I and the friends
working for the blog have decided to do a sort of "instant catalogue" on
Sono.

The book, edited by Dario Tomasi and myself, will host contributions by
Italian critics such as Claudia Bertol?, Matteo Boscarol, Luca
Calderini, Giacomo Calorio, Grazia Paganelli, and Fabio Rainelli.

The tentative structure of the book should consist of a general
introduction on Sono's work and perspectives; three or more essays on
various aspects and suggestion of Sono themes; and an exhaustive section
on Sono's films.

So far, the book is intended to be printed as a private initiative by an
online print-on-demand service.

Due to the very short time available, this cannot be a call for paper.
Anyway, if someone of you should have any essay or critical contribution
on Sono, we will be happy to consider it for the publication (accepted
languages: English, French, Italian).

Furthermore, we should be deeply grateful to anyone who could suggest
any bibliographical contribution on Sono.

For any information you could write to me at the following address:

franco.picollo at gmail.com <mailto:franco.picollo at gmail.com>

Thank youvery much,

Franco Picollo

--