City of Life and Death - Tokyo run?

Don Brown ryuganji at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:51:40 EDT 2011

Hi Frances,

"City of Life and Death" hasn't been shown at any festivals here in Japan to
my knowledge, and definitely hasn't been given a theatrical release. I had
to import the Hong Kong blu-ray to see it. It really deserves to be seen on
the big screen, but given the current distribution climate, it's not
surprising that no company has taken a risk on it yet. Lu Chuan's other
films "The Missing Gun" and "Mountain Patrol" were both released here by
Sony Pictures.

Don Brown