Nagato Hiroyuki

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Sat May 21 18:53:24 EDT 2011

Nagato Hiroyuki, an actor whose career spanned some seven decades, passed away on May 21. He was 77.

Apart from appearing in films ranging from Muhomatsu no issho to Taiyo no kisetsu, from Pigs and Battleships to Gozu, he was a member of the "first family" of Japanese cinema, the Makino clan. I try to map out some of the lineage on my blog:

http://www.aarongerow.com/news/nagato-hiroyuki.html

He was an actor who will be missed.

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Director of Undergraduate Studies, Film Studies Program
Yale University
53 Wall Street, Room 316
PO Box 208363
New Haven, CT 06520-8363