capturing still images with DVD player

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 03:31:56 EDT 2012

THere's a great piece of software called Handbrake, which can convert a DVD to another video file such as mpeg4 (very useful for embedding into PowerPoint presentations, for example). Then you could frame grab from this resulting file.

My new book, The Historical Dictionary of Japanese Cinema, is out now from Scarecrow Press.
Jasper Sharp: Writer & Film Curator Homepage
http://jaspersharp.com/

Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
http://www.midnighteye.com

Zipangu Fest: Japanarchy in the UK
http://zipangufest.com/