Shochiku prewar advertising material rights

Sarah Teasley sarah.teasley at rca.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 05:10:32 EDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

I'm wondering if anyone has recently contacted Shochiku re. the reproduction rights for publicity materials such as posters or newspaper ad inserts from prewar films, and if so, whether you might have any suggestions on who to contact and the best way to go about doing this.

I've negotiated film still usage rights from Shochiku in the past, and know the contact details for film stills are on the Shochiku website, but I'm not sure how to proceed for print material like posters. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

WIth thanks in advance,

Sarah Teasley  |  sarah.teasley at rca.ac.uk

Course Tutor, History of Design
Liaison Tutor (Design), Critical & Historical Studies
Royal College of Art
http://www.rca.ac.uk/Default.aspx?ContentID=507527

Recently published: Global Design History (Routledge, 2011)
http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415572873/