3/11 Tribute Event at FCCJ, Tokyo

Karen Severns kjs30 at gol.com
Wed Feb 22 01:29:44 EST 2012

Dear KineJapanners,

I'm pleased to invite you all to special screenings commemorating 3/11 at
the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan in Tokyo. As always, our
screenings are free, noncommercial events - but for the first time ever,
these are open to the public. I hope you'll help get the word out, and plan
to arrive early to pick up your tickets.

Saturday, March 10, 10:00 - 21:30
Sunday, March 11, 10:00 - 19:30
INDELIBLE IMAGES: 3/11 CAPTURED ON FILM

Overview:
http://www.fccj.or.jp/node/7232
http://www.fccj.or.jp/documents/311_screening_schedule_table.pdf

Poster, flier:
http://www.kismetjapan.jp/

We are showing 7 features and 5 shorts, many with filmmaker Q&As. We are
honored to be hosting the first screenings in Japan of Lucy Walker¹s
stunning Oscar-nominated film ³The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom² and of
the eye-opening documentary ³Radioactivists: Protest and Discourse in Japan
Since Fukushima² by German directors Julia Leser and Clarissa Seidel. We are
also featuring sneak previews and director Q&A sessions with horror-meister
Hideo Nakata (³Ring,² ³Dark Water²) and hitmaker Yukihiko Tsutsumi (³20th
Century Boys,² ³Hayabusa²), both of whom have made idiosyncratic
documentaries about 3/11. We will have a special screening of the
hope-affirming documentary ³Pray for Japan² from Tokyo Pop founder Stu Levy,
and Atsushi Furukatsu will present his new gently comedic fiction film ³A
Gentle Rain Falls for Fukushima.² Globally renowned antinuclear activist
Hitomi Kamanaka will share clips from her award-winning films. Director
Masaki Kobayashi will be on hand to screen his rousing ³Fukushima Hula
Girls,² and other highlights include a film with Ken Watanabe as host.

Hope to see you there,
Karen