film salvation project by the film preservation society

Yuki Nakayama yuki.nakayama at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:34:31 EST 2012

Most people may already know about this project, but I don't think I have
not seen this project being mentioned on this list serve before.

The Film Preservation Society has started the Film Salvation Project
shortly after the earthquake to save films and videos damaged by the
earthquake/tsunami. They are offering free services to clean the
films/video and is not limited to 3.11 related damages (I am not sure if
they are already accepting them, but they have plans to deal with any
water-damaged materials in the future).
Link:
http://www.homemovieday.jp/english/2011/08/film-salvation-project-2011.html

The page also has a link to a videos of how to deal with water damaged 8mm
films.

It has been 10 months since the earthquake and there are still large
problems to be dealt with, but I hope more people will be able to utilize
the services offered by the film salvation project to save home movies and
other moving image materials.

Yuki Nakayama
(yuki.nakayama at gmail.com)
New York University