[KineJapan] Ozu's rediscovered NHK TV drama to be broadcasted!

Markus Nornes amnornes at umich.edu
Thu Oct 10 18:38:17 EDT 2013

I stumbled on this yesterday on the morning news. They showed a couple clips. I actually wasn't paying attention, when I glanced at the tube and saw a fuzzy Ozu World. It is immediately recognizable as Ozu's work, the angles, editing, mise-en-scene, actors, gestures, music, everything. But it's fuzzy old tee vee. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Markus