[KineJapan] Tsunami and heartwake film versions of Kanto daijinsai

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 05:40:14 EDT 2014

Isola was the only contemporary reference I could find in the horror genre. And you're absolutely right; there are dozens of films that deal with the Aum attacks and cults in general, from Miike's over-the-top MPD Psycho to one Itami's long line of comedy dramas starring his wife (Woman of the Police Protection Unit). Sogo Ishii's Angel Dust and Izo Hashimoto's Hideki: Evil Dead Trap 2 are pre-Aum films that make for interesting comparisions.

I haven't yet had a chance to watch Zeze's Pandemic yet, so I'll be interested to know how it connects with these earlier films.

Jim.