[KineJapan] Tsunami and heartwake 2011 Av coverage

Lorenzo Torres ljth2006 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 06:33:25 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,

Thanks, this also helps.

I have to go deeper, but I have the feeling that as never before in history
of Japanese film (including of course documentaries) this disaster is
impelling  filmmakers to create works (if Jim does not say the contrary ;).
And maybe this is not only for the technology simplicity or other indirect
causes.

All this scientific literature, websites (thanks Mark!), etc., talks also
about something else.

What else? Maybe an increasing love for reality (the best contemporary
Spanish cinema is following that path) which, indirectly is producing more
weaker fictions, even when the disaster is the focus, like in Sono’s The
Land of Hope (2012).

Best regards,

Lorenzo.