[KineJapan] Fw: 'Eternnal Zero' wins audience prize at Udine

Pete Larson pslarson2 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 23:34:18 EDT 2014

I'm typing this on a phone so this will be short but I'm also quite fascinated that the film has gotten so much attention.

Discussing the film with folks on the street has exposed two distinct camps. One seems to find film objectionable, taking great issue with the right wing sanitation of a complicated history, ostensibly to serve current political ends.

The other seems to deny that the film is right wing at all, insisting that it's merely a good story about people who became enmeshed in a conflict which they couldn't do much about. The latter view us much more interesting and I even began to wonder if they we're watching a different film entirely, given the obvious conservative nature of the film.

iPhoneから送信