[KineJapan] screening rights for Takamine Go and Hayashi Kaizo films

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 06:31:48 EDT 2015

I screened Hayashi Kaizo's To Sleep, So As To Dream at Zipangu Fest in 2012. The Japan Foundation has a 16mm print, and also I believe of Circus Boys, and the rights have reverted back to Hayashi himself - I tracked him down on Facebook to book the print, but I remember him being fairly hard to pin down.A beautiful film though, which went down really well at our festival, and the 16mm print looked as good as new. bestJasper

The Creeping Garden - A Real-Life Science-Fiction Story about Slime Moulds and the People Who Work With them, directed by Tim Grabham and Jasper Sharp.

Starting its North American run at Film Forum New York, Wednesday, September 30 – Tuesday, October 6 See here for screening dates.
The book, The Creeping Garden: Irrational Encounters with Plasmodial Slime Moulds out now from Alchimia Publishing.
“An improbably delightful documentary about slime molds.... good-humored but not campy in its regard of some genuinely fascinating research, and full of trippy visuals.", Dennis Harvey, Variety
"...one of the year's most original and bizarre documentaries", James Marsh, Twitch.